Secrets shared « Keri Smith.
Wise words from a very talented illustrator.
My personal favorites:
6. Goof off on a regular basis.
7. If you want to work on your art, work on your life. All those personality traits that aren’t working for you will come back to haunt you in your career (i.e. assertiveness, fear of conflict, fear of confrontation.) It’s all connected.
13. Don’t worry about whether or not you are good (good is subjective and most people are not great judges of their own work), just keep making work.
14. Ignore cool. Successful people do not try to be hip, they just do work that excites them.
15. Always come back to work that excites you. Even if you get off track for a while. Do personal work on a regular basis, show it to others. You can reinvent yourself at any time.
– Keri Smith
Read the entire entry by clicking on the link above 🙂
I haven’t had the time to get those full bangs I’ve been talking about. I guess the thought of not knowing how my hair will behave still puts me off. I am also frustrated with how my hair is taking so long to grow down to my waist. I have so many plans for my hair but I still don’t have a clear idea of what exactly I’m going to do about it. My nails are clearly in need of some spiffy-ing up, as well, as they have been quite neglected thanks to my consistent hospital visits lately and the resting required afterwards. My back, which sometimes is so painful that I cannot get myself to get out of bed, seriously needs some extra massages, too.
I’ve been going through a lot of “growing up & moving forward” processes recently and when I’m this emotional, I usually take it out on my appearance. Meaning, I need to change something to reinforce the change inside of me. Plus, I think it would be a great way to start the year 2011.
Anyway, I have finally found something to “fix” while I am waiting for my hair to grow but since I like surprises, I’ll wait until I actually get it done before I post it.
So, here’s to a better Suyen in 2011! 🙂
I never thought the day would come when I would need a business card holder. I was getting a bit embarrassed when I would pull out my business card from my wallet and it would be dirty/dog-eared from being stored inside my wallet along with other crap.
At first, I was thinking of getting this.
I was planning to put stickers on them but I thought, I need something a bit more “grown-up”. I didn’t want it to be plain & boring so I scoured the internet for something more fun.
I found this pretty thing on Etsy over at EliteElishi 🙂
that I love to wear skirts now :p
Must. Get. This skirt.♥